New this year are YouTube links to all songs to make it easier for you to check out the ones you don't know. However, please note that while everything in our music library is radio-edited (and we further screen for content when necessary), some of these links are not.
10. Levels- Avicii The purest dance song on this list, this is most famous for being sampled extensively in "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida. I'm partial to the original--hearing it makes me want to crack open a tube of glow sticks. Watch video on YouTube
9. Young, Wild, and Free - Wiz Khalifa feat. Snoop Dogg & Bruno Mars My vote for "Killer Groove" of the year. This would be a lot higher if not for blatant drug references that prevent us from playing it at school events. Watch video on YouTube
8. Good Girl - Carrie Underwood There was quite a bit of good country that came out this year, but as far as fast "party" country, this was the standout. Watch video on YouTube
7. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - Pink Nothing like a little bit of failed romance angst to get the party hopping! :) Watch video on YouTube
6. Let's Go - Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo Not much specifically remarkable about this one--just a good dance party song. Watch video on YouTube
5. Die Young - Ke$ha Super catchy and easy to sing along to: "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young" Watch video on YouTube
4. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction Catchy, positive lyrics, high likelihood to make females scream and sing along. The Dave Aude remix is also pretty good in terms of spicing up the intro and other mellow parts without ruining the feel of the song. Watch video on YouTube
3. Starships - Nicki Minaj I have not traditionally been a huge Nicki Minaj fan, but this one really grew on me. Watch video on YouTube
2. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen Need a song to make every female from age 6 to 56 scream and run to the dance floor? This is probably your ticket. This garnered extra staying power thanks to the Harvard baseball team's famous video. Watch music video on YouTube
1. Gangnam Style - Psy This seriously has all the makings of a great dance song rolled all into one: Fast tempo. Catchy. HILARIOUS video. No offensive lyrics (at least in English). And line dance moves. It will be interesting to see how it performs over the long term, but playing this song at both weddings and school dances this fall has gotten the most enthusiastic response of ANY song I can remember. Watch video on YouTubeDid we miss your favorite song of 2012? Leave a comment on our facebook page and let us know!